Friday, February 4, 2011

A Long Road

Hi again - sorry for the lapse in posting. I've been going through some difficult changes over the last few weeks. The changes have been positive thus far, and I hope they stay that way.

Cigar:

Liga Privada No. 9

Toro

Cost: $12ish

Wrapper : Connecticut Broadleaf Ligero Oscuro

Filler : Honduran/Dominican

Binder
: Brazil

First of all I'd like to say one word: Damn. I was mildly hesitant about this cigar, but after talking with many cigar passionado's I know I just
had to try this car. Needless to say I am extremely impressed. The cigar was easy to cut and had a fantastic (damn near perfect) draw. I am extremely picky about how a cigar draws because I have experienced migraines after smoking on over packed/tight cigars.

The flavors of the cigar were very interesting. Initially there was a bit of sweetness right near the soft palate of the tongue, which was surprising because many Drew Estate Cigars are peppery. The cigar was not "barn-yardy" at all and presented an earthy undertone that was fairly present throughout the entire smoke. One of my favorite aspects of this cigar was that it produced a great deal of smoke. I truly like cigars that provide a lot of smoke when exhaling - I feel this really contributes positively to the cigar smoking experience.

Overall the experience I had while smoking this cigar was great. I felt relaxed, satisfied, and very pleased with the cigar. This cigar certainly has a permanent place in my humidor.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I was not a big Drew Estates fan until I had the Liga Privada. To me, this is their first "real" cigar offering. I don't like flavored or infused sticks,so the No.9 put Drew Estates back in my good graces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard nothing but great things about the #9, it is now on my list to pick up next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A have been a D. Estates fan for many years. A lot of diehards arent really into the "Infused or Flavored". However, when they realeased "Liga Privada Series" I was really impressed. I love the N0: 9 Rareje Oscuro!!! Its a must have and compliments any humidor.

    ReplyDelete