Sunday, January 2, 2011

Two in Two Days - I'm on a roll.

I’ll get right to it.

Liga Privada T52

Belicoso

Cost: $13.90

Wrapper: Stalk Cut Habano Wrapper

Binder and Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan, and Honduran

After various pictures of fellow cigars smokers papered the e-wall of Twitter, I knew I had to see what all the rage was about. The T52 is a nice looking cigar with a simple, yet elegant band. I enjoy the color of the cigar when paired with the band which is an off-white band with both camel brown and black writing. The cigar is smooth, but not very oily (unfortunately). The veins of the cigar are small and the wrapper in good condition with no obvious blemishes. The pre-light aroma is barnyard like. It is strong and instills an outdoorsy sense. It cut very well leaving no cigar particles and lit with easy. Both the pre-light draw and draw (while smoking) were good with the appropriate amount of resistance offered from the cigar. I feel that unlike a lot of cigars, the leaves were not over packed, which allowed for a nice firm cigar, but with no soft spots.

The flavor of the cigar offered a great amount of texture as it appealed to various spots within the mouth. The tip and outer portions of my tongue tingled with hints of pepper, while the center portion and roof of my mouth detected honey. Also, the back of my throat also experienced a great amount of peppery flavor – which was long lasting, and frankly shadowed other flavors that might have been presented.

The T52 is overall an OK smoke. I feel that this cigar should be more in the $7-9 price range as opposed to $10+. I won’t be keeping many of these around, especially at that price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment