Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Perdomo Grand Cru

Andrew and I are just getting over being sick for about a week, but I'm pleased to report that we have finally made a full recovery!

That being said...I was able to smoke a Perdomo Grand Cru yesterday at Outman Cigars.
Here's what I found:

Perdomo Grand Cru
Robusto
Cost: $6 ish
Wrapper: Nicuaraguan Cuban Seed/Semilla Habano
Filler: Nicuaraguan Cuban Seed/Semilla Habano
Binder: Nicuaraguan Cuban Seed/Semilla Habano
2004 Stock


First I'll start by saying that I'm a pretty big Perdomo fan. I find their cigars pleasant but also consistent, which is why I go back for them time and time again. The label is a simple, yet elegant label with the colors: clay, black, and white.

The maduro wrapper gave the cigar a dark, rich, and oily look to this full-bodied smoke. The cigar cut easily with little to no loose tobacco. I saw no obvious blemishes in the wrapper. As easy as it was to cut, it was equally easy to light (and stay lit).

The draw of the cigar throughout the smoke was easy, but offered just the right amount of resistance. The Grand Cru also offered a bountiful amount of smoke, which always adds positively to the experience.

Various flavors presented themselves during this smoke. Some included: molasses, brown sugar, and a bit of cinnamon. I found it to be a sweeter cigar, but the sweetness was very pleasant.

Overall experience: Excellent, pleasant, and easy going. This is a great cigar that will most certainly have a place in my humidor. Big bang for the buck!


Other news:

On Saturday night Andrew and I got to meet Rocky Patel. It was a great event and we had a wonderful time! In addition to meeting Rocky, we met some other great cigar smokers, as always. The best people are always at cigar events!





1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of the Perdomo Maduro, definitely going to check out the Gran Cru!

    I've heard nothing but amazing things about Mr Patel. I hated to miss it when he was in Charlotte but I heard that the event in Grenville was really fantastic, hoping to check out Outman Cigars some time soon!!

    ReplyDelete